Living 2022 was created to offer you, the football fans around the globe, an extensive guide for your attendance at the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and a comprehensive presentation of the hosting country.
To ensure that the service we offer is of the utmost quality, we need to collect and use data about you. Processing such data will ultimately translate into informed decisions and actions regarding our product, such as:
- Showing you content that is relevant to you;
- Customising and improving your experience when using our website;
- Offering the services you sign up for, for example, newsletter subscription or forum;
- Sending you communications for which we have your permission, or when permitted by law;
- Showing advertising on our sites.
Having your privacy and the security of your personal data in mind, we want you to be informed about how we collect, use and disclose information.
In the instance in which through our website you are directed to a third-party website, please be aware that other third-party services have their own privacy policies.
Who we are and how to contact us
The data controller for our website is Qatar Living for Trade and IT Investment, Villa 333, Street 250, Zone 43, D-Ring Road, PO Box 11937, Doha, Qatar. This means that we are responsible for deciding how and why we hold and use your personal data.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or if you have a concern about how your personal data is used, please email us at [email protected]
If you have a question about anything else, please see our Contact us page.
What is personal data?
By personal data, we refer to any information which identifies you as an individual or by which you can be identified, which can include:
- Information that you may provide like name, date of birth, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number;
- Information about your devices, like the IP address (which is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network, that can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based), device ID, vendor ID, advertising ID;
- Information about how you interact with our product, like the articles you read on our website or the website sections you are accessing.
- Information about your online activity outside of the living2022.com website, like when you mention us on Social Media.
What personal data we collect and how do we collect it?
When you browse our website, read articles or subscribe for receiving our newsletter, you disclose information which we collect. This information is then used to provide you with our service, display advertising and to analyse how visitors use our website.
I. Registration: When you register for an account on living2022.com, we collect information such as your email address, your name, and a username. Additionally, when you register for an account, we assign you a unique ID that we use to recognise you when you are signed in to our services, whether you are signed it from the same device you registered or from a new device.
If you disassociate your living2022.com registration from third-party accounts at any time, we will no longer have access to this data. However, we will still have the information that we received when you first set up your Living 2022 account using your social media login.
III. User-Generated Content and Public Activities
When you engage in public activities on living2022.com by commenting, posting or other information you may submit, what you post and your username are visible to other users. This information can be viewed online and collected by other people. We are not responsible for the way these other people use this information. When contributing to a discussion, we strongly recommend you avoid sharing any personal details, and especially information that can be used to identify you directly such as your name, age, address and name of employer. We are not responsible for the privacy of any identifiable information that you post in our online community or other public pages of the site.
IV. Contests, Sweepstakes and Special Offers: Living 2022 collects personal information, such as your name and email, from you when you participate in sweepstakes, contests or special offers.
V. Surveys, Panels and Market Research: We and our service providers collect personal information from you through voluntary surveys or feedback programs conducted via the Living 2022, through our service providers’ platforms, by phone, by mail. We will ask you for your consent to the processing of information at the point of collection. We also conduct similar research for advertisers.
VI. Interactive content: When you engage with our interactive contact and answer questionnaires, we collect personal information about you.
VII. Contact With Our Support. We collect personal information from you in digital and non-digital contexts, including, for example, when you contact our customer support.
Updating your personal data and your profile page on our sites
When you register for an account on living2022.com, you have access to a profile page, where you can review what information is public when you comment on our posts. You can also update your information or provide extra information if you want.
You may also update your marketing preferences by contacting our Support Helpdesk at [email protected]
Adding to or combining the personal data you provide to us
We also use the information on the content you have viewed on our website and your interaction with the content to add you to groups with similar interests and preferences, so that we can make our online advertising more relevant. Sometimes we use data about your interests or demographics that third parties have collected from you online to add to these groups.
Personal data that we receive about you from other organisations
When you sign up for our services, we may add to the personal data you give us by combining it with information shared with us by other trusted organisations. We may also obtain information from partners whose offers we include in some of our marketing communications and we use this information to ensure that we do not send you irrelevant marketing.
When you register or book a ticket for a Living 2022 event organised by an event partner, your registration data may be shared with us by the event partner.
Using children’s personal data
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data about children under 13. Some of our services may have a higher age restriction and this will be shown at the point of registration.
Why do we collect personal data from you?
To make our service available to you in a manner that is satisfactory, we need to collect data to be able to:
- Provide the services you sign up for, such as providing you with our content and allowing you to interact with it. We also use the personal data for related internal administrative purposes - such as our accounting and records - and to make you aware of any changes to our services.
- To perform analyses regarding the usage of our website so that we understand how our users engage with it. This enables us to measure its performance, allows us to customise your experience with it, and to determine the content and the mechanics of our promotional campaigns;
- To send newsletters and other marketing communication when we have your permission or when permitted by law;
- To carry on our administrative activities, such as our accounting and records and to make you aware of any changes to our services;
- To provide customer support by answering queries and resolving complaints;
- To display advertising on our website.
Legal grounds for using your personal data
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected and used your personal data. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive marketing emails from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time, by contacting our support at [email protected]
Our legitimate interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our users, promote our services and operate our website efficiently for the creation, publication and distribution of our content. For example, we will rely on our legitimate interest when we analyse what content has been viewed on our website so that we can understand how it is used. It is also in our legitimate interest to carry out marketing analysis to determine what products and services may be relevant to the interests of our users. You can opt-out from having your personal data used for marketing analysis by contacting us at [email protected]
Compliance with law: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
Security of your personal data
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational controls to protect your personal data against unauthorised processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. You are responsible for choosing a secure password when we ask you to set up a password to access parts of our website. You should keep this password confidential and you should choose a password that you do not use on any other site. You should not share your password with anyone else, including anyone who works for us. Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data once with us, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data sent to our site while still in transit and so you provide it at your own risk.
Who we share your personal data with
We do not share your personal data with other people or organisations that are not directly linked to us except under the following circumstances:
- We may share your data with other organisations that provide services on our behalf, such as dealing with online payments and other forms of payment processing, i.e. credit card transactions and preventing fraud.
- We may also share your data with our advertising partners, as set out in the section about Online Advertising below.
- We may reveal your personal data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other organisation if we are required to do so to meet a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of anyone else.
Any organisations which access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your data and comply with all data privacy laws that apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards.
We will not share your personal data with anyone else for their own marketing purposes unless we have your permission to do this.
Some of our web pages use social plug-ins from other organisations (such as the “Facebook Recommend” function, Twitter’s retweet function). These other organisations may receive and use personal data about your visit to our website and the information they collect may be connected to your account on their site. For more information on how these organisations use personal data, please read their privacy policies.
How long we keep your personal data
How we may contact you
Marketing communications and editorial newsletters: If we have your permission, we may send you materials we think may interest you, such as new Living 2022 offers and updates. Depending on your marketing preferences, this may be by email, phone, or SMS.
You can decide not to receive these emails at any time and will be able to “unsubscribe” directly by clicking a link in the email.
Market research: Sometimes, we may contact you for market research purposes, for example, about a survey.
Responding to your queries or complaints: If you have raised a query or a complaint with us, we may contact you to answer your query or to resolve your complaint.
Cookies and similar technology
We use personalised online advertising on our sites. This allows us to deliver more relevant advertising to people who visit living2022.com. It works by showing you adverts that are based on your browsing patterns and the way you have interacted with our website. It then shows you adverts which we believe may interest you.
When you browse our website, some of the cookies and similar technology we place on your device are advertising cookies, so we can understand what sort of pages you are interested in. We can then display advertising on your browser based on these interests.
We do not collect or use information such as your name, email address, postal address or phone number for personalised online advertising.
We may also share online data collected through cookies and similar technology with our advertising partners. This means that when you are on another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on living2022.com. We may also show you advertising on living2022.com website based on your browsing patterns on other sites that we have obtained from our advertising partners.
Online retargeting is another form of online advertising that allows us and some of our advertising partners to show you advertising based on your browsing patterns and interactions with a site away from our sites. For example, if you have visited the website of an online clothes shop, you may start seeing adverts from that same shopping site displaying special offers or showing you the products you were browsing.
Your rights with regard to the personal data that we hold about you
You can contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time.
- You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request. Where applicable, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for certain purposes.
- If you do not want us to use your personal data for marketing analysis.
If you want to make any of these requests, please contact us at [email protected]
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
Please note that we fully cooperate with the proper authorities to carry forward any formal inquiries issued by our users.